Followers.... thank you xx

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Predominantly Purple at LIM


I've used TH Visual Artistry cling stamps .....Boundless Flight apart from the birthday sentiment and I can never remember where this came from. ;o(  Apart from the LIM theme of purple the inspiration for this card came from some tissue paper that a Christmas gift was wrapped in ( thank you  Cubby Hole Carol)

I stamped the butterflies and moths in Versafine Onyx Black onto the tissue paper and placed the tissue over the stamped scroll and pasted over it with watered down PVA. Once it was dry...well almost , never one for patience when it comes to craft/art! lol I added other bit of stamping and the quote.
Then I made a mistake at the top of the card ...pulls face... so I cut the bottom half off and added it to a second card ... hence the ribbon! and sentiment. I wish I'd put the sentiment in the middle... I'm now thinking what to add to balance it out... or should I leave it? I also think it's now more rather than less b***a ! lol
The tissue paper has a lovely shimmer to it (glimmer mist or something like that) The tissue is quite thick so  the edges didn't disappear but I quite like the effect and the fact that you can see the scroll image through it.

I'm working on my little net book with a dongle which is a little frustrating but at leas I have some on line access whilst I wait for a new router from Talk Talk. it might mean I wont have much on line time to visit your blogs,,, sorry :o(  come on TalkTalk get a move on
take care
xx Suzi B xx

Challenges
Stampalot .... Monochromatic.

18 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is clever - love what you've done with the tissue paper and that verse is brilliant.

Kathyk said...

Oooh such a pretty card love the Tim Holtz images.

Welcome to 2012

Kathyk

Craftychris said...

I always save tissue paper to use for something - now I know what!! thank you for a fab idea! I love what you have done - it looks so cool! I hope talk talk sort you out soon xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Sue, Gorgeous card, can't see any mistakes, stop! Don't add anything it's brilliant just as it is :0) LOL Hugs Gay xxx

Canonbury creations said...

Very pretty Suzi,love the tissue paper technique and choice of stamps. Hope you're re routed and de dongled soon:))
Val x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, love the purple. Tracy x

Chrissie said...

It's always good to see a neat rescue Suzi and this card is fab!
I love the use of the tissue paper. It's a great composition.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Wow that tissue paper looks great Suze
Terrific card
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous purple creation Suzi, the tissue paper creates the focal point whilst the stamping brings it to life. Love it.
Thanks for leaving me such a lovely comment and good luck with my give-away.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Maggie said...

Lovely card love the way you have used the tissue.

Maggie H

Stampindamour said...

Hi Suzi - fabulous card! I love the purple! xo

-pamela :)
FreeVintageDigiStamps.com

Aileen said...

Well done on your rescue. You would never guess. Love the use of tissue paper too. x

GinaA said...

Fabulous stamping, great technique.

Viv said...

Another beautiful card :O) Viv xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Suzi, I just wanted to pop in and thank you for your lovely comments on the colour wheel post, you are very kind. Have a wonderful weekend, Gay xxx

craftimamma said...

It's lovely as it is Sue so I hope you left it as is, lol! The purple is gorgeous and the tissue paper is really effective. Brilliant rescue job by the way.

I'm sure I have that sentiment too and I reckon it's from a set of clear stamps that were in a QVC kit several years ago when I first started crafting. I'm curious now so gotta go see if I can find it, ;o)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous monochrome card, Sue. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Ruth said...

Such a lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)