Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 18 June 2012

Midsummer Night's Dream - Dreams and Fairies

Good morning from sunny Crewe oh yes we have sun! hope you do to. Our weather is so diverse and as unpredictable as my mojo  :o))  imagine waking up every day knowing its going to be hot, hot hot.... yea imagine lol

We have a lovely challenge at MMM chosen by Jacqueline ...
Midsummer Night's Dream - Dreams & Fairies
how lovely is that, here's mine and don't forget you have a chance of becoming a guest designer for a month.
This is my Titania, queen of the fairies enjoying a quiet moment with her friends the butterflies. Actually its not mine at all its from a 12x12double sided paper from Prima, which apart from the sentiment, stars and the lace is all that I used for this card.





Beautiful image don't you think?
I cut out the wings of the Fairy and the butterflies and lifted them up, just a little. before attaching the paper to the base card I stamped some little stars  from Lavinia stamps in silver and added Glamour Dust,... ie. fairy dust :o)
I used an SU label punch for the sentiment.
Sentiment is from Lavinia Stamps
I've also sprinkled "fairy dust" and stars around the card and sentiment. I added the tiny butterfly (not on main photograph forgot to take another one :o(  ) after I'd been playing with Stampendous  Shabby white embossing enamel and punched out the butterfly with an Xcut punch, don't try this at home! my punch is now unusable cos I can't get the paper out and the cutting edges are stuck!

I cut out one of the butterflies from the paper which after being blinged was mounted onto a Joy Crafts butterfly cutting and embossing die. I lied earlier didn't I? saying I only used the gorgeous 12x12 paper.

 I await in great anticipation  to see what you do with this lovely challenge. Pop across to MMM and see the amazing inspiration from the DT and our GDT this month Tara .
 Take care, enjoy the sun
xx suzi b xx

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a beautiful card and so right for the theme. Have you tried banging your punch down smartly on the table a few times - I find this usually releases them if they do get stuck. Not really into fairies myself so this one will really be a challenge for me.

Brenda Brown said...

This is beautiful Suzi, just love that blinged butterfly and the gorgeous paper.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
A beautiful ethereal sense to this glorious card.
Wishes
Lynne

Jenny Marples said...

Such a magical card. Loving the glitter and those wings are to die for. Wonderful Suzi. Hugs, Buttons x

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow!!! This is gorgeous, Suzi! I LOVE the way you cut the wings and popped them up--I thought that you'd just cut out another set! So very clever!!! Fabulous card--LOVE it! :)

Fliss said...

A beautiful, ethereal looking card Sue. The soft colours are so pretty and the touches of glitter just gorgeous.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Canonbury creations said...

Love the dreamlike quality to your card Suzi, it's so pretty! The 'fairy dust' is perfect:) Glad you're having good weather!!!!
Val x

Vicky Hayes said...

I think this is wonderful Sue! You've positioned Titania perfectly and I love the way you lifted her wings and gave her an extra butterfly friend! The lace is the perfect embellishment too. Vicky x

Jacqueline said...

This is a gorgeous card Suzi - very dreamlike and so pretty with all the sparkle. - Jacqueline xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Love the detailed photos Sue...showing the attention to detail perfectly. x

Val said...

Fabulous piece of work. Love all the detail - so dreamy.
Love
Valxx

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous! Looks really dreamy and soft.

Gisèle said...

Hi Suzie, your card looks so dreamy...love the way you lifted the wings and sprinkled your star dust ! how fitting for her...love the butterfly also...yes, you little fibber, you did a lot more than just use the 12 x 12 paper lol....turned out beautifully, and yes, the image is gorgeous hugs G.