Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 12 November 2012

In stitches!

Wow it's Monday already...  time for another of Suzanne's Autumn, supplies challenges at
 This week Suzanne wants us to do some 
Sewing!! ...  Real or  Faux..
 As most of my crafty friends know I don't do sewing... but last Christmas I was bought a singer sewing machine ... cos Joe had heard me going on about how popular it was to use stitches on cards etc. I usually do faux stitches but now I have a machine.. well thought I'd better have a go at using it... well once I'd mastered loading the shuttle and getting the yarn to come up... if you know what I mean! lol.
Proof that I did use the sewing machine! lol
Faux stitching on the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves which were cut from a CB Guild DP then shaded with DI Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany. I adhered them with Pinfare Glue to the Kaisercraft DP which had  been shaded with the same DI's. I distressed the edges of the DP and slightly crinkled the leaves.
The brown background card has been stamped with leaves in Versamark (lovely set of clear stamps with lots of different leaves but I've no idea who made them :o( ) the card was also given the same shading treatment as before. The base card measures 18cm square.

By the time you're reading this... I'll be in Chester with three of by friend, shopping but mainly wining and dining!! cos  it will soon be Maureen's birthday ... she'll be away on her actual birthday so we're celebrating early!

 Don't forget the monthly winner will recieve a £10 Joanna Sheen gift voucher from our sponsor

 Thank you for looking I soo appreciate it.
take care
x Suzi B x


12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow those leaves look so real Suzi - great card - Jacqueline xx

Caroline said...

Beautiful card the leaves are fantastic and I love the colours. Caroline xxx

Fliss said...

A stunner Suzi. Those leaves are amazing and as jacqueline said, they do look very lifelike.
Hope you have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Canonbury creations said...

OMG this is gorgeous Suzi I love the stitching on the leaves and the DP is so interesting. Enjoy your trip it sounds great:)
Val x

Gill said...

Great Idea!

Aquarius said...

Pleased to see you are using your sewing machine and the leaves look great. Enjoy your day out.

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous card, and a brilliant job with the stitching on the leaves.
Avril x

Netty said...

Know exactly what you mean about connecting the yarn to the shuttle.......omg that took me ages, just have to learn now how to stitch a straight line..........lol
Your card is fab. Have a great time with the girls, xx

Christine B. said...

Hi Suzi hope you have had a lovely day with the girls. Your card is lovely I just love those leaves. Hugs x ChrisB

Mynn xx said...

THIS IS AMAZING!!! LOVE the stitching down the leaves--just brilliant! Another fabulous creation! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

The effect of the stitching on these leaves is just gorgeous Sue and I love the way they pop against your background. Hope the wining and dining went well! Vicky x

craftimamma said...

What a gorgeous card Sue. Those leaves (the faux stitching is brilliant) over the black and white DP look stunning. Trust you had a fab lunch with your friends!

Hugs
Lesley Xx