Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 3 December 2012

Make My Mondays POT POURRI

A new month... a new theme at MMM Decembers theme has been chosen by Caz and she's given us a delightful Pot Pourri of challenges. So to start December off she would like to see
Your Favourite Flower
I've chosen to use Poinsettia, not actually my favourite flower but I'm waaay behind with my Christmas cards. I wanted to save one of my favourite flowers for next weeks challenge ?
Products Used
Creative Expressions: Holly. I stamped the Holly corner directly onto the card.
Adirondack: Meadow
Versamagic, black embossing powder, Promarkers; red and green for the Poinsettia which was stamped onto card, cut out and layered with Pinflair Glue.
Stickles Christmas Red
SU label punch
Black glitter



Variation on the theme
I've had such trouble getting decent photographs on these dark dismal days. I took this outside nestling in the ivy... the dark green card base hardly shows at all
No green leaves on this one just a smidgen of gold glitter added
Hope you enjoy this lovely challenge set for us by Caz pop across to MMM to see  the lovely DT projects 
 A big thank you to all that come to see me, you are most welcome.
Challenges
    LIM challenge Red and Green.
Addicted To Stamps and More  Use Markers

xx Suzi B xx

24 comments:

Caroline said...

I love this Suzi the flowers are gorgeous. Carolinexx

Netty said...

Beautiful cards Suzi, its definitely a mad time of the year. xx

Jacqueline said...

love these cards Suzi, especially the added gold glitz on the second card - Jacqueline xx

Pam from Maine said...

I really like both cards but, since I'm a bling freak, I really like the second card and what the gold brings to it. Nicely done.

Elaine said...

Beautiful cards!

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Suzi! Beautiful, striking Christmas Cards. The white background sets off the flowers perfectly. The black embossing really makes the red pop too! Bravo! Best wishes, Yvonne

Chrissie said...

Love the use of embossing on this super card Suzi. It looks really dramatic.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

great cards Suzi... very traditional

Thanks for joining us this week

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

lada_vl said...

Fine volumetric flowers are created! The remarkable card!

Jenny Marples said...

Blimey Suzi, those poinsettia are almost lifelike in their beauty! Love how you've kept the ivy background simple too. It makes them take a deserved centre stage. Hugs, Buttons x

Aquarius said...

Two lovely Christmas cards - I'm still trying to decide what really is my favourite flower - love most of them.

Mynn xx said...

Suzi, I adore these cards! LOVE the beautiful shimmery and glittery accents and the amazing dimension! Fabulous! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

My goodness Sue, these poinsettias look so real you could dive into them! Really lovely cards. Vicky x

Barb King said...

Very pretty, love the gold touches on the petals!

Fliss said...

Really stunning card Suzi. The poinsettias are gorgeous and look fabulous against the holly.
Fliss xx

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous poinsettias Suzi, love the black embossing it really pops! The gold glitter is gorgeous too.
Val x

Loll said...

Your poinsettias are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

Kylie said...

Gorgeously coloured and I love the gold! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards, Suzi! The flowers and colouring look amazing. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Sue x

Nonni said...

Both of your cards are lovely! The black embossing and gold add a feel of drama to the cards. Thank you for joining us ATSM Challenge this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow your flowers are so absolutely gorgeous! I'm not sure which one I like best - they are both just awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Addcted to Stamps and More!

Cazro said...

Hi Suzi, I love your poinsettias, beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at ATS & More, hoping to see you again. Caz DT.

craftimamma said...

Wow, these are both beautiful Sue but I think the first one is my absolute favourite. I just love the traditional red and green and set against the white background it's stunning.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Craftychris said...

These are gorgeous too! I also love your Christmas tree xx