Followers.... thank you xx

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Finished!

I started this flat canvas quite a while ago... In fact I've just checked it was August 2012!.. I never liked it so the other day I sat and played, pulled it apart added new bits and now It's OK.... just OK ;o) but here it is for you to peruse

This is what it looked like in before I started playing.. I'm hoping you tell me it looks better now ...
The original , didn't have enough depth I wasn't sure how to introduce depth once the Stamp Bord had been attached. In the end I just went for it... I dabbed and stroked DI's Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen in the spaces. Added more stamp bord images, changed the lace added more gold EP and other bits and pieces.
In this photo you can just see the delicate pattern stamped onto tissue paper. The gem stamped onto SB is an extra added image  to the original
If you wish, you can see the original post here
 I'm entering this into Simon Says Stamp and Show... Lace
Hope you're all managing to keep warm... no snow here at the mo .... but lots to come Fri!... ooh I wonder if the roads will be soooo bad I won't be able to get to the dentist!... here's hoping.
Take care
xx Suzi B xx




12 comments:

Gill said...

Hi Suzi,
Sorry but I prefer the original.
Gill x

Suzi B said...

LOL Thanks Gill you made me smile xx

Jenny Marples said...

Ooooh, now I really love it Suzi. I reckon it definitely needed that extra boost of colour. You really need to show this to Lynne at http://lynnesbowsandbelles.wordpress.com/
Hugs, Jenny x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I like them both, great dimension, layout and colours. Love the stamped images and added lace. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Netty said...

Loving the way you have added to the original canvas Suzi, loving the depth of colour and the added fabrics. Annette x

Christine B. said...

Hi Suzi love what you have done to it. Love the added colour and all the added lace and beads. Hugs x ChrisB

Canonbury creations said...

Love the new version Suzi, great depth and texture. The lace is beautiful and I love the Robin, btw:)
Val x

Aquarius said...

This canvas looks great after your latrest additions - love it. Hopefully you won't get snow even if it means you have to keep your dentist appointment!! We've been threatened with white stuff here too and there was a fall last night on the hills a few miles away (spotted it when I went out this morning).

Junibears said...

It looks quite fantastic! I love it! xx

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really wonderful make!trace x

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi
Firstly thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog and to join in my Giveaway, I appreciate that so much.
Oh my word this is a remarkable piece of Mixed Media. Love the soft dreamy quality to the colours and the use of Stampbord. The addition of the lace is the right amount of embellishment as it doesn't detract from your stunning stamping. The ep adds a touch of decadence which suits the imagery.
Wishes
Lynne