Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 4 March 2013

Nature Trail at MMM

Good morning... hope you all had a good week end. Did you manage to get out and about whilst the sun shone? ... that's for us in the UK.... the sight of the sun is rare indeed... the sad thing is we Brits love it!!! any excuse to to be out and about or just AL Fresco meals/picnics.  Ooh heck I'm getting carried away, it wasn't that warm.... I can dream!
 This week though the theme at Make My Monday
is
 Inspired By Nature 
 
 Here's mine, hope you like it. I had Spring in mind.... still dreaming :)
Products
Stamps:  Stampendous Cling Bird Frame
               Paper Artsy Nature USNT3
               Lisa Pevelka Love Letter.
Versamark Vintage Sepia.
Distress Ink Antique Linen....main image
Derwent Colour Soft pencils.
Cartridge paper.... main image
Kraft card
Blue card
Cream textured base card
Bits and pieces from stash.
Silicone glue.
I layered up the nest, then added some tiny little seeds that were in a nature type craft pack that I found ,ages ago in a charity shop. I coloured them with acrylic paint.. blue and whiet mixed. I put the paint into a jam jar lid ( I often use lids of various sizes and origins for glue, paint etc... very handy when you only need a tiny amount) I rolled the seeds in the paint with my fingers.  I think they look more authentic with some of the base colour showing through... authentic! who am I kidding!  I also added white feathers.

I shaped the eggs and added a broken Star Anise from the same pack as the "eggs" 
I like the fact that you can see the shiny seeds inside
Take a look at the DT's inspirational art .... see you soon, I hope :o)
Thank you for your kind comments it really does mean soo much!. I know lots of you look and don't comment....  but it's lovely to know that you came by... thank you.
 xx Suzi B xx










8 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Suzi, love the vintage look and I'm a sucker for birds:) The nest is wonderful!
Val x

Fliss said...

A really gorgeous vintage style card Suzi. The layers look lovely and the eggs you made very realistic. Lovely embellishing too and the star anise made me smile as I had to trawl about 4 supermarkets before I finally found some (making pilau rice)!!!
Sorry to have not visited for ages - last week was a blur!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Jacqueline said...

Wow Suzi - love the nest with the eggs, gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the theme and style of this card Suzi, Great layers and the nest and eggs add that added dimension. Fabulous.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely stunning, Suzi! I ADORE that nest--the eggs are just brilliant! Beautiful work! :) HUGS!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunner Sue - it's like a whole nature table in a card! I love the nest with those exotic eggs, the bright splash of colour of the birds and berries, the twine - oh and every little detail! Vicky x

Paper Profusion said...

Very beautiful card Suzi!! Thank-you for those yummy tips along the way. Nicola x

craftimamma said...

Another gorgeous card Sue! I love your teensy eggs in their nest and that bird image is stunning. Beautifully balanced design.

Hugs

Lesley Xx