Followers.... thank you xx

Sunday 12 May 2013

One Layer Week at LIM

. One Layer Cards  at LIM and this week Chrissie and Jen would like us to use a
Coloured Card Blank
Yes that's right, none of your boring, white, ivory, black or kraft card blanks we want to see you add some colour.
 So here goes! I chose a colour I wouldn't normally go for, I stamped on of the flowers from Darkroom Door DDRS111 Carved Flowers in Versafine Onyx Black then highlighted with an extra fine white Uni paint marker.
 I elongated the flower stems by turning the stamp upside down and lining up...
 gave it a bit of a bend which I like
Isn't it amazing how the colours of the base card all look different...  but it really is the same card albeit photographed in different locations... It's tipping down with rain so not a good idea to take it outside!
 I would describe the colour as..dark  English mustard / yellowed Khaki..  I think :o)
I kept the card as one layer for the LIM challenge but have  now chopped it down added it to a plain white 15cm square card.
 Thank you for looking
xx Suzi B xx
Challenges
Addicted To Stamps and More   #44 Addicted to CAS.

11 comments:

Margaret Jones - Lamb’s tail yarns said...

Beautiful card, love the good use of space

Suze Bain said...

The yellow card really popped out on the LIM post. Fabulous flowers, the white highlighting looks great. xx

Beanie said...

Love the colour and adding the white really makes it stand out.

Fliss said...

A lovely card Suzi. The white really pops against the yellow.
Hugs, Fliss xx

sandie said...

Hi Suzi, love how you have coloured and inked this flower, it is so stunning against this coloured base. Thanks for joining us ATSM X

Linby said...

Great card, the white highlighting is so effective.
Linbyx

Susan said...

I love how the black and white pop against that yellow! Very pretty!

Cazro said...

I love your card, the background colour is perfect and your main image is so detailed. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More Challenges. Caz DT

Chrissie said...

Just gorgeous!
I'm sorry I'm a bit slow getting around to commenting this week but I've been on grandchildren duty since last Thursday!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Godelieve said...

Such a gorgeous color combo! I love how you used the stamps here. Love the white accents you added. Beautiful!!

Chris said...

Great card! Love the stamp and the background colour is very striking!
Chris
x