Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 5 August 2013

I've been playing

with acrylic paints to make another card for LIM I've been wanting to use this lovely stamp from Paperbag studios for some time and the LIM challenge this week shouted out for it.
here it is
using this colour palette challenge
I used Yellow Ochre and Lemon Yellow acrylic paints lightly brushed onto the stamped image with a fine paint brush. I used them  watered down and neat .
I also added some metallic guilding wax to give some shimmer. never used this before and I really don't know how to use it but I like the effect achieved here. It doesn't show up very well on the photographs. You can see it better on the photo below... I hope :)
I've been unwell for the last couple of days with a reoccurring problem,  side effects of cancer treatment  from 20yrs ago... so as far as I'm concerned, worth it... at least I'm here to tell the tale, if only boring  all of you :)  Playing with this stamp and "painting" was very relaxing and helped me through the day.
 Thank you for looking, see you again soon.
Suzi B xx
Challenges
One Stop Challenge: keep it simple


10 comments:

Aquarius said...

Love the effect you've achieved on this card and you are right 'playing' in this way is the best therapy to keep your mind off any troubles. Hope you soon feel better - take care.

Skye said...

A beautiful CAS card. I love the image and your card design.

G Peplow said...

OOh Lovely card Suzi, you used the colours beautifully, hugs Gay x

Chrissie said...

This is super Suzi, I haven't managed to use gilding wax successfully yet, this looks great.
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Fiona said...

I agree, crafting is so relaxing. Love the creative way you achieved the colour on this lovely design. I've never used gilding wax..it sounds messy!

Fliss said...

Wow! A real stunner Suzi. Love those gorgeous paint effects.
Fliss xx

craftimamma said...

This is an absolute stunner Sue. Beautiful colour palette and brilliant interpretation of the challenge by you.

Hope you feel yourself again very soon.

Lots of love
Lesley Xx

Paula Fuller said...

Love your card. The stamp works perfectly for this challenge

Jen Nelson said...

another fabulous card suzi

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Zue said...

I really like this creation! Glad it got you through your day!
Sue xx
We do have so much to be thankful for, don't we?
:)